Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 0

Well I just checked the blog and realized that it's been over a month
since we last updated...sorry about that! It's been a little crazy as
we got into the final prep for our hike, but we've finally made it
Georgia. Matt's extremely nice coworker/friend drove us down to
Dahlanega (not sure about spelling) where we are staying overnight at
the Hiker Hostel, run by a couple who thru-hiked about 10 years ago.
This is basically a house (an extremely beautiful one) which they have
opened up to hikers. They run shuttles to various points along the AT
as well as different cities around here including Atlanta. So
tomorrow we are to be served a hearty breakfast at 8am and then hop in
a van with 6 other thru hikers and head for Springer Mountain.
Hopefully we have everything we need, but if not I guess we'll just
figure it out :-) I can't actually decide how I feel right now so I
don't think I'll try to explain, other than equal parts anxious,
excited and slightly terrified. Matt says that it's nice to be done
with talking/planning and finally be doing, but we'll see how tomorrow
goes! Oh, and it's raining. My mom asked what the weather forecast
for tomorrow was and I told her I didn't know and didn't care, I still
have to hike in it! :-) We'll be back in touch in a few days, thanks
to everyone for all their help and good wishes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt & Sabrina: Glad you two will be blogging on occassion, so we can all keep track of Matt & Sabrina's Excellent Adventure. As your Mom said on Facebook as you set out God Speed, be safe and you two are both to be admired for your tested tenacity.
    Best Wishes and Love.
    Uncle Danny.

    ReplyDelete