Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 29 (5/19) - Baby Got Back

Day 29 - 14.7 mi/313.8 tot
Jerry Cabin Sheter to Hogback Ridge Shelter

Some might wonder how the heck I could find use for Baby Got Back during this hike. Well I have done it. We went over "Big Butt" today. Nope I didn't make this up, it is an actual place on the TN/NC border. I feel very honored to have found a place for this special song on this hike.

Another long day today with a lot of up and down to keep our quads and especially our glutes working. We passed a number of small family-type cemetary plots from a very wide range of dates. Supposedly that is typical of this type of rural area and both Princess and I are interested in learning more about the history of the area as there is supposed to be a very interesting Scot-Irish heritage of the area. Seems very cool to try to learn more about it.

Princess is really doing well and seems to have her trail legs underneath her now and I am being forced to develop mine now (finally) since we stop less, hike farther and are carrying more food weight to keep up with our growing appetites. This makes for a tiring day for me now and sore muscles I haven't had to deal with yet. Oh well, that's why they make ibuprophin.

It looks good for getting some pictures posted from Erwin in 2 or 3 days (well at least getting them sent to our expert photo-archivist for her to get them available for public viewing). We are also traveling with some others who have blogs or trail journals so we may have some other links to their thoughts too soon.

But Fonda aint got a motor in the back of her Honda!

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

1 comment: