Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 46 (6/5) - hotel, motel, holiday inn

Day 46 - 13.7 mi/546.0 mi
USFS Rd 86 to Crawfish Valley/Reed Creek

Got up and out this morning to go the 7 miles into Atkins, VA and the Relax Inn to pick up some food boxes. Dan and I both got there a little after 10 and managed to talk our way into paying $7 each to use an recently vacated room for an hour to shower and do a load of laundry. Not a bad deal, although I probably shouldn't advertise that I rented a motel room by the hour with another male.

After that it was time for a quick resupply at the Shell station/truck stop and onto "The Barn" restaurant for lunch. Given the state of my apptite recently there wasn't much question what I was going to order - the hiker burger with cheese, all the way, with an order of fries and a side salad. The hiker burger all the way is 1 lb of beef, with cheese, lettuce, pickles, onions, tomatoes, mayo and mustard. Quite an impressive heap of food and I demolished the whole plate without much trouble and still ate a full dinner for 2 tonight when I got to camp.

I caught back up with Art and Emily temporarily today but they were pushing on past my end point so hopefully I will see them again soon, they are a good pair to hike with for me. Unfortunately, my schedule and Dan's are about to diverge somewhat so I may be pushing on past him tomorrow or the next day, but will probably get passed by him during my zero day on Sunday so we may end up doing some more hiking together shortly, which would be nice.

Knock, knock...housekeeping. Want me fluff your pillow?

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

1 comment: