Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 67 (6/26) - Animal I Have Become


Day 67 - 18.3 mi/961.1 mi tot
Range View PATC Cabin to US 522 (Front Royal)

So after getting in at midnight last night and getting to sleep shortly after, the three of us got up at 630 am for another day moving north. The review of the new tent is good but having a decent ground to stake it into makes a big difference (hard packed gravel roads are tough to put stakes into). It could have been a bedsheet for all I cared at that point though I was so tired.

Anyway, today was a hot one and we kept to the shade as much as possible to minimize how hot we got and how much water we needed since it was somewhat sparse today. Apparently it was not too hot for wildlife today as we saw a rattlesnake (picture above somewhere) and a bear. As for the bear, I have finally answered the age-old question: does a bear poop in the woods? I can convincingly say the answer is yes and I have two pieces of proof.
1) See second picture above. No comments required.
2) The bear I saw today was a cub and I came around a corner of the trail and there he was about 30 feet off the trail. He (?) was in the middle of umm....lets just say "his business" and he looked at me, I looked at him, he finished "his business" and ran off into the woods.

I feel like that convincingly answered the question for good.

34 more miles to Rte 7, and I am still on track for Monday afternoon/evening.

So what if you can see the darkest side of me, no one will ever change this animal I have become.

- Snowfox

No comments:

Post a Comment