Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 70 (6/29) - King Nothing

Day 70 - 0.0 mi/995.2 mi tot
Northern VA

Time for another zero day, since here we are in Northern VA where the friends we had made over the past year all are living. Had a great day relaxing and taking care of some gear issues, including washing my pack and some other items in an attempt to minimize the stink that is permeating everything I carry. Sabrina and I also had breakfast with a co-worker and got caught up on work-happenings and had a good time there.

Other than that, we watched some TV and then met up with a bunch of friends from the gym for dinner. This was entertaining since many of them are participating in a Paleo diet challenge and definitely did not get to take full advantage of the many good options at Sweetwater Grill. Good thing I am not on that diet right now, I might waste away to nothing since I couldn't really carry many of the things that they are allowed to eat. Overall a good day and I think I will take another zero day tomorrow here and get back on the trail on Thursday. This will give both Bird and Twiggzy the chance to stay caught up since they were both planning multiple zero days this coming weekend.

And it all crashes down, and you break your crown, and you point you finger but there's no one around.

- Snowfox

No comments:

Post a Comment