Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 105 (8/3) - Lakini's Juice

Day 105 - 21.1 mi/1624.9 mi tot
Melville Nauheim Shelter to East Branch of Deerfield River

It is amazing how much sweat I generate even at an air temperature of 65 degrees when it is humid out. I would have thought that I wouldn't sweat as much just due to the air temperature but the mugginess won out today. Several stops to wring out my shirt, especially after some of the climbs. A good day of hiking in some really cool pine forests. They are my favorite with the way they look, smell and feel. Nice to have them as a more frequent part of the hike now. Other than that nothing really special frm today, just sitting at a campsite with a small group of Boy Scouts and leaders from Delaware. There was even a trail magic beer not far from here that made a nice addition to dinner, and fittingly enough it was a Long Trail Ale. Onto Manchester Center tomorrow after a 17 mile trip up and over Stratton Mtn and past Stratton Pond.

Hard to believe I will be into another state by Monday.

It was an evening I shared with the sun to find out where I began.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment