Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 111 (8/9) - Round and Round

Day 111 - 16.4 mi/1728.4 mi tot
Winturri Shelter to VT 14 (staying in Woodstock)

The shelter last night was a good social scene and it was a nice night there too. Got a decent start this morning and made the 4 miles down to VT12 pretty quick and got connected with Castle's mom for some trail magic help in and around Woodstock VT. She was super helpful and got me to the post office and back to their house for a shower, laundry and some work to re arrange my pack to handle the winter gear that showed up in one of my packages today. On top of all that I was the recipient of a great lunch too while I waited for the laundry to finish. I had no clue last October when Sabrina and I met Castle and helped her out that I would be receiving this great help on my trip. Her parents are really nice and their help certainly made a big difference in my day today.

On top of all of that, I was able to slackpack about 13 miles today courtesy of the MacDonalds. Unfortunately during this slackpack it rained like crazy with more storms coming through the night. When I got down to the car where my pack was, I had a message on the phone saying that I was welcome to go back to their house and stay there to be out of the rain tonight. Hard to pass that up and they also fed me another meal. Definitely some of the best magic I have recieved yet. Thanks just seems like an understatement for their help.

Moving into NH tomorrow and through Hanover.

What goes around comes around.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment