Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 47 (6/6) - Serenity

Day 47 - 16.7 mi/562.7 mi tot
Crawfish Valley to Chestnut Knob Shelter

Today I was in overdrive and was flying all day finishing the 16.7 miles by 2 pm. I saw very few other people and the hike through the long green tunnel was actually a very serene and quiet day. I stopped at this shelter for what was supposed to be a quick break but a wind and rain front came through and I opted to stay here for the night rather than push forward in the bad weather. I figure that I could make it up tomorrow with a big 24 mile day. The terrain certanly looks like that would be a relatively doable task for tomorrow.

A quick resupply at Trent's grocery on Tuesday will get me into Pearisburg on Thursday morning then continuing to push north to meet up and camp with Princess on Friday night.

Where do we go when we just don't know and why do we relight the flame when its cold?

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment