Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 50 (6/9) - the good old hockey game, its the best game you can name

Day 50 - 16.6 mi/627.3 mi tot
Wapiti Shelter to Pearisburg, VA

With the anticipation of a possible last game of the NHL season, I hustled through my 16.6 miles and made it into Pearisburg by 1:15 pm. This gave me plenty of time to grab a shower, hit the library for some internet time and do my resupply shopping in plenty of time to watch Chicago clinch the Stanley Cup in OT over Philly.

I stayed at the Rendezvous Motel where, despite the somewhat seedy name, was treated to a very affordable room that included AC, a microwave, a fridge, free long distance phone calls and plenty of TV channels, all in a nice clean room. Definitely gets my seal of approval.

That was about it for the day, nothing really exciting to pass on.

I play air hockey, ball hockey, bird hockey, roller hockey...(the chorus goes on for many more types of hockey than I am going to write down here).

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment