Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 6 - blame it on the rain (lip synced version)

13.0mi, 55.4mi. It turns out that my sleeping bag is well insulated both for heat and sound since I never heard the alarm on my watch go off at 6 so we got out a few minutes later than we had planned but were still able to cover 7.8 miles by lunch time. While we were at Blue Mtn sheter for lunch a nice little rain system blew in and we got a chance to test out our rain gear. The big gear award winner for the trip so far are the rain kilts as they did a great job keeping both of us dry during the hiking. for all the flak I will take for wearing a "skirt" at least I was dry. Got into Cheese Factory (about 13 miles south of US76) and managed t get the tent set up, water filtered, dinner cooked and cleaned up before the rain started again. Also figured out that our sleeping bags zip together so we were able to stay warm and dry in our tent whil it rained around us. The plan is to get almost to US76 tomorrow and catch an early shuttle into Hiawasee GA on Wednesday. Should be into North Carolina on Thursday or early Friday.

- Matt

Sent on the go from my Peek

1 comment:

  1. You better send me pictures to post of both of you in your skirts!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete