Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 41 (5/31) - Meet Virginia

Day 41 - 10.2 mi/464.4 mi tot
Abingdon Gap Sheter to Dave's Place, Damascus, VA

Finally out of NC/TN....which, for those who don't know, are essentially one state on the AT with the trail following their border or jumping back and forth for a huge number of miles. It was also the first time since the GA/NC border on Day 9 that we saw a sign introducing us to a new state. I guess I shouldn't complain since I will be in VA for about a month anyway. At least here I have people I know to come and meet up with me, especially Princess who is planning and extended time of roadside camping between Catawba and Waynesboro with me.

The 10 miles into town flew by and I was checked into the hostel shortly after 1030 this morning. A really nice place with a private room and a locking door for $10.50. Can't beat that deal. Spent the afternoon getting new shoes than watching Duke pull out an OT win over Notre Dame for the NCAA lacrosse title. went back to the bar later for dinner and Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals. A great day overall.

Plans for tomorrow include laundry, breakfast, a post office visit, a library visit and on the road around noon to get about 12 miles in and set up camp.

Daddy wrestles aligators, momma works on carborateurs.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment