Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 48 (6/7) - go snowfox, its your birfday, gonna party (hike) like its your birfday

Day 48 - 24.0 mi/586.7 mi tot
Chestnut Knob Shelter to Helveys Mill Shelter

My original thought was to do 30 miles on my 30th birthday, but my wisdom and my feet convinced me otherwise. 24 miles was still a huge day and was plenty for me with how my new shoes are treating my feet at the moment.

Not a very eventful day other than the mileage (I finished 15 miles by noon) and I did see a bear as I scared it away into the woods. There were two "trail magic" moments during the day as I came across a pile of gallon jugs of water shortly followed by a bag of sodas. I tried to make it to a road crossing in time for a free shuttle to a free breakfast but I did not make it in time.

There is a big crowd at this shelter tonight incuding a dog to scare off any possible wildlife visitors. A shorter day tomorrow looking at about 18 miles or so and into Pearisburg early on Thursday.

Drink Bacardi (or Crystal Light drink with electrolytes) like its your birfday.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment