Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 49 (6/8) - Stupify

Day 49 - 24.0 mi/610.7 mi tot
Helveys Mill Shelter to Wapiti Shelter

There are two ways to interpret today's song title:
1) I am an idiot for doing 2 consecutive 24 mile days
2) I have stupified myself with my ability to do 2 consecutive 24 mile days

Both are correct, although I will be in Pearisburg tomorrow afternoon, about a day ahead of plans (plans that were still good as of this morning).

Another fast day today, covering 16.3 miles by 12:30 then walking 0.4 miles each way for a Philly cheesesteak sandwich and some other treats at Trent's groceries. I needed some minor resupply here to get me into P'burg and spent about 1.5 hours here around lunch time doing some relaxing.
I also got to purchase a birthday beer and haul the 24 oz can the final 7.7 miles to the shelter. Amazing what stupid things alcohol can make you do, but at least it was a can and not a glass bottle, that would be a lot to haul out.

Saw a bunch of deer today along the trail, but not much else, including other hikers.

I ran into Dan as he was approaching Trent's, his final destination for the evening, and probably our last meeting until next week sometime, when I catch back up to him after a day off on Sunday in Roanoke. I will actually be a day or two south of Roanoke for that day off but since Sabrina will be around with a car, I can get into and out of there without the hassle of trying to find a hitch.

I will probably take a short-ish day tomorrow (16.6 mi) and stay in a hotel in Pearisburg for the night to get a shower, some mexican food and some library internet time.

To all my essays in the barrio - ROCK!

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment