Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 51 (6/10) - Not an addict

Day 51 - 23.2 mi/650.5 mi tot
Pearisburg, VA to Bailey Gap Shelter

I just can't help myself. I hit my planned end point at 3 pm and couldn't resist the urge to push the next 4 miles to the next shelter. I was only planning about a 19 mile day but decided that it would be better to get one more hill climb out of the way and make tomorrow a little easier. I am tied into a 11 mile day tomorrow since that is where I am meeting up with Princess to start our several weeks together so I will not be completing another long day tomorrow also.

Today started and ended with big climbs up from river/stream valleys to ridges. In between I was treated to more than 13 consecutive miles of ridge running with very little elevation change and overall a pretty fast day. I even caught up with a few people who had a 7 mile head start on me this morning. Always a good feeling to see that the training I did for over a year leading up to this is paying off. Thanks CrossFit Tysons Corner (and congrats to Alison on her Level I Trainer certification)!

So short day tomorrow, slackpacking about 16 on Saturday then a nice zero day on Sunday before getting back to the big days on Monday.

Its not a habit, its cool, I feel alive...

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Snowfox!! It was totally awesome and you should definitely do it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete