Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 52 (6/11) - there's something women like about a pickup man

Day 52 - 12.1 mi/662.6 mi tot
Bailey Gap Shelter to campsite 1 mi N of Rocly Gap

Blew through a fast morning to get to Rocky Gap as quickly as possible to meet up with Sabrina and Lindsay for our hiking the next day. I got to Rocky Gap by 1130 am and waited about 4 hours before deciding that somehow our plans got messed up and I needed to get somewhere with cell service to figure out what the new plans were. I started walking down VA 601 (funny how a state road could be a rutted, loose gravel backroad) towards Newport, VA. Finally after a while I ran into a house where the owner was out mowing his lawn and I went to ask if there was a way I could use his phone. He let me make some phone calls and offered some beer as well as a ride into Newport. He had the cooler in the back of the pickup and said to help myself to another on the ride down. Not a bad way to spend a nice afternoon, wind in my hair, flying down the road with an ice cold beer.

I finally got linked up with Sabrina and Lindsay and we hiked in about a mile from Rocky Gap and camped there for the night with a nice campfire before we crawled into the tent to escape the bugs. Should be a nice hike tomorrow.

I've got an eight foot bed that never has to be made. You know if it weren't for trucks we wouldn't have tailgates

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment