Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 74 (7/3) - Mountains

Day 74 - 24.7 mi/1064.2 mi tot
Annapolis Rocks to Tumbling Run Shelters

Wow, its been a while since I've gotten any trail magic other than from Princess but the cooler full of sodas at the top of the rise just into PA was very welcome as the afternoon heated up. And I knocked off another state, Maryland, to bring my total complete states to six...woohoo.

like the lyrics below say, I was able to make good time For most of the day but the few uphill climbs and downhill descents were tough. They were all really steep and covered with boulders making for very slow going. I had a great lunch at High Rocks with a 180 degree view of PA and MD farmland below and then took a nice long break at Pen-Mar SP on the border for a snack, some water and some phone calls. My "Yogi-ing" skills are apparently lacking as I didn't get to mooch off of any of the picnicers that were there...oh well, there are more state parks coming up in the next few days and I might get lucky there.

Nothing real exciting on tap for tomorrow might try to get started extra early to beat the heat and be able to hide out somewhere during the middle of the day when the temps are supposed to be really bad.

The walkin's easy when the road is flat, those danged ole' hills will get you every time.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment