Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 78 (7/7) - we are family

Day 78 - 7.7 mi/1138.6 mi tot
Stream 3.6 mi S of Cove Mtn Shelter to Duncannon, PA

A nice short, easy day this morning to get into Duncannon. One minor climb, and mostly done in the "cool hourns" of the morning. Had a second breakfast in town after stopping to wring out my t-shirt in the parking lot of a gas station. Spent a few hours there killing time until the Doyle Hotel opened and I could get my box that was waiting there. By thay time my Uncle Paul was there and we headed to his house innearby Harrisburg for the day. Did normal town day activities including a shower (first in 7 days), laundry, groceries and the outfitter. The outfitter in this case was a Bass Pro Shop, which I had never been into one before. Holy crap, this place was enormous with all kinds of stuff in it. It was like the Walmart of outftters stores. It worked out fine but I think I like my smaller outfitters better.

Spent the rest of the day catching up with my Uncle and had a really great dinner with him and his girlfriend Linda. It was great to see them both again and I had a really good time.

Back at it tomorrow, with probably a shorter day after a later than normal start.

You won't go wrong this is our family jewel

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment