Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 103 (8/1) - I Got Friends in Low Places

Day 103 - 15.6 mi/1585.4 mi tot
Cheshire, MA to Sherman Brook Campsite (2.5 mi S of MA-VT border)
Well, actually we were in high places today, at least compared to anyone else in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. My friend Erik drove out from Boston today to go for a day hike up and over Mt Greylock (highest point in MA) with me today. We had a good hike all day and got some good views and some entertainment on the top of the mountain. There were a bunch of people hang gliding off the side of the mountain which was fun to watch as we ate the lunch he had hauled up for the two of us. As we headed down the mountain, we were glad we came this direction as the north side was definitely steeper and would have made for a more intense climb to the top.
We got down to Rt 2 and parted ways as he got his ride back to his car in Cheshire and I headed to the grocery store to pick up a few small items to get me to my next resupply point in 3 days, Manchester Center, VT. The spring at this campsite is great...flowing well and ice cold, making for really good water to drink tonight. I got some sprinkles after I got into my tent but I don't think there will be much more rain tonight. Overall this was a good weekend with my family coming out to see me and Erik here for a fun hike. Moving into state number 12 tomorrow (Vermont) and ever closer to Katahdin. Crossed the 600 mile to go mark today.
(oh come on...doesn't everybody know the words to this song? That's right...I have no clue of any lyrics...what did you expect from my use of a country song without Sabrina here to coach me along?)
- Snowfox
Sent on the go from my Peek

Blame it all on my roots, I showed up in boots....
-Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment