Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 102 (7/31) - Within a Mile of Home

Day 102 - 9.3 mi/1569.8 mi tot
Dalton MA to Cheshire MA

Well not exactly a mile, but home did come closer these last two days. So let me expand some more on my visit with my parents these last two days first. It was a great visit and started out with my dad hiking in about a mile on the trail to meet me and walk down to the car together. It was pretty cool to be able to share part of my experience with him, even if just for a mile. From there we headed to a local restaurant/pub for my second lunch of the day and met up with Katie there too. She thought I smelled bad and looked bad with the beard and the week's worth of stink on me. Oh well, some people can't appreciate a good hard-earned beard.

After that we made our way to Albany where we checked into the hote and I got a shower and laundry done. While we were doing that I also did some gear modifications/cleaning (with help from both mom and dad) from the supplies they brought along with them. Only ome thimg to do now...dinner. But on the way we decided to check out EMS for shoes for me since I was starting to blow through some seam on my current pair after more than 500 miles in them. I found a pair I liked and was informed that my birthday present was just taken care of. Sounds like a plan to me. Had a lot of food at Friday's and back to the hotel for sleep.

Then this morning I got pictured uploaded onto my dad's computer (should be posted to the website shortly) and then we got out of there and found a great little breakfast place on the way back to Dalton. Stopped along the way to grab some groceries and a sandwich, then back on the tral. We did leave a cooler full of drinks by the trailhead going into Dalton as some trail magic to contribute to this community.

A nice easy hike over the hill into Cheshire and a spot in the parish hall at the local Catholic church hostel for the night. Erik and I are set to go over Mt. Greylock tomorrow and then into VT on Monday.

Don't turn your back on me don't ever let me down

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment