Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 108 (8/6) - Break Stuff

Day 108 - 23.7 mi/1685.8
Little Rock Pond Tenting Area to Cooper Lodge (near peak of Killington)

So the big news of the day is that my camera appears to have broken, and it looks like it is a gear in the lens motor that is not working. Not a huge deal, I am heading into a town tomorrow and can either get it fixed or get a replacement. So how about I describe some of the things that I was unable to take pictures of today.

First, I finally got some views in Vermont since today was a clear day and no clouds around to block the views. There were some good ones near White Rocks Cliffs and again near Clarendon Gorge.

Second, there were a bunch of locations where hikers had made rock sculptures/piles and in one place there must have been 50 or more separate piles. A pretty neat sight.

Third, Clarendon Gorge. If I was more into swimming I would have been in the water, the river running through was nice and clear and there were some great swmming holes. More fun for a enginner like me, the suspension bridge also warranted a picture.

Finally, the shelter I am near tonight has a great view off the side of the mountain and the spot I have my tent set up in is a cool spot nestled in between a bunch of pine trees. On the flip side, I am at elevation 3850 and it is windy up here with temperature predictions near 40 for tonight. Good thing I have the right gear.

Tomorrow will be a short day as I head into Rutland VT for their annual "Long Trail Festival". Should be a fun time with music food and a bunch of other hikers.

your best bet is to stay away, its just one of those days. (hmmm...Limp Bizkit two days in a row, not intentional, it just worked)

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment