Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 117 (8/15) - Workers Song

Day 117 - 12.4 mi/1820.3 mi tot
0.6 mi N of Franconia Notch to Galehead Hut

Today was supposed to be the most breathtaking day of the whole trip in terms of views and it did not disappoint. Once I got up onto Franconia Ridge (including Little Haystack, Mt Lincoln, and Mt Lafayette) the sheer beauty of the views are not describable by words and you will all have to wait for the pictures. I didn't spend as much time up there as I originally planned due to an incoming weather system (which I got some good pictures of it engulfing the ridge from Mt Garfield) but it was still a great morning.

The afternoon consisted of trying to time my arrival to the hut to be late enough not to get told to hike on, but early enough to have a WFS spot available. Success on both counts so I have an indoors spot to sleep in tonight during the likely rain and a free set of meals. Updates tomorrow on the outcome of the hut adventure.

This ones for the workers who toil night and day, by hand and by brain, to earn their pay.
(always good to get Dropkick Murphys involved...go Boston! Yankees suck)

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment