Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 120 (8/18) - I Can See Clearly Now

Day 120 - 7.0 mi/1853.2 mi tot
Lakes of the Clouds Hut to Madison Spring Hut

Another good work for stay adventure with a good breakfast and a decent start in the morning. I wasn't in a huge rush since the summit of Mt Washington was in a cloud this morning. Eventually I made my way up there with 100 foot visibility and barely new I hit the summit when I showed up. Spent some time in the visitors center waiting for the cloud to clear and when it did, wow a great view. I was able to coordinate with my Mom to capture me on the summit in front of the observation tower webcam. Seems like it was a success and maybe a picture to be posted here soon.

This was the only specific memory of my previous trip to the Whites that I had...the summit visitor center and the summit of Washington sign. But it was a good day for it and the views when the clouds were gone were spectacular. A good day to get to the summit.

The rest of the day was more great views from the ridge and I did another side trip up to Mt Jefferson to bag another peak. Met some former thru hikers there and chatted for a while and got some trail magic powerbars before I left. Special thanks to those guys.

Ended up at the hut around 3 and was given a note to pass on from the last hut which apparently was a recommendation to take me on as a work for stay resident for the night. Another good hut experience to add to my other 2 so far and hopefully it goes as well as the rest.

Heading down off the ridge tomorrow and out of the Presidential Range. Maine isn't far off...

I can see all obstacles in my way.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment