Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 133 (8/31) - Cryin Like a Bitch

Day 133 - 22.0 mi/2056.5 mi tot/123.5 mi to go
Pleasant Pond Lean To to Horseshoe Canyon Lean To

Ok so before I get into today's recap, time for me to do some venting. I am not looking for any sympathy nor should anyone reading this be worried, just impacts of over 4 months on the trail and I am ready to be done.

1) I am tired.
2) I am sick of flat slippery rocks.
3) I am sick of badly maintained trails with big blowdowns and overgrown vegetation that hides rocks and roots for me to trip over.
4) I am tired of having to continually do first aid om me legs after falls from those rocks and roots.
5) I am sick of waking up in the morning to put on clothes still wet with sweat from the day before.
6) I am sick of pumping every drop of water I drink.
7) I am tired of heat and humidity.
8) I am tired of crappy cell service and non face-to-face conversations with people.

Ok...sorry about that, just needed to vent and let everyone understand that it isn't just a "walk in the woods" out here. It will be good to be done in a week or so.

Anyway, today had some good views from Moxie Bald Mtn and some walking along a river with minimal elevation changes. 6 Course and I were both tired today after our long marathon day yesterday so we slept in for a little bit before heading out on a slightly shorter, but seemingly tougher day due to the heat wave running through the area. I think I drank about 2 gallons of water today and sweated most of it right back out. I plan to rehydrate myself very well while in town tomorrow and part of the next day.

I have 9 miles to go to get into Monson tomorrow and should be in sometime in the mid morning. A nice relaxing day and part of the next day before heading out into the 100-mile wilderness for 6 days or so before reaching Katahdin.

I tell you why...you take your chances, I've told you one too many times that you're cryin like a bitch.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment