Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 138 (9/5) - Cheeseburger In Paradise

Day 138 - 21.5 mi/2141.8 mi tot/38.2 mi to go
Cooper Brook Falls Lean To to Wadleigh Stream Lean To

Other than some interesting stream crossings today the trail was mostly flat allowing for fast miles. The day had 2 major highlights:

1) A great view of Katahdin from Pemadumcook Lake
2) A 1 lb deluxe cheeseburger at White House Landing

The burger was great and a nice change from lunches of tuna packets on tortillas. To get to White House Landing you have to hike 1.2 miles off the AT to a boat dock where an air horn sits to summon the boat for the ferry ride across the lake. The hostel (?) was nice, albeit expensive, so I just stayed for lunch the took my boat ride back across the lake to continue my hiking day.

The downside to the day was finding out that Wednesday is supposed to be the only bad weather day this whole week...the day I planned to summit. I will reserve my decision on whether to wait a day until Tuesday sometime when I get to Abol Bridge. I hope the forecasts are wrong and it is a nice day and I can continue as planned. To be continued later...onto Hurd Brook tomorrow.

(darn...yet another song I don't know lyrics to but it sure seems to fit, apologies to all the Parrotheads out there)

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited Matt! What an incredible accomplishment and we could not be prouder of you and Sabrina and all the pre-planning this entailed. Enjoy the summitting of Katahdin...you've talked about this for too many years!
    Make the moment last!
    Love Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete