Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 68 (6/27) - its the only one you've got

Day 68 - 20.0 miles/981.1 mi tot
US 522 to US 50

Wow...a very hot day today and with 4 big climbs it was an extra sweaty one too. The three of us (Bird, Twiggzy and I) got a late start after breakfast and resupply in Front Royal. The night in the hotel last night was good with AC and pizza but we needed to get out and back at it today. We saw 2 bears in the morning and made our 20 miles to meet up with Princess not too late.

Unfortunately when we got there we were greeted with horrendous news...Bear, Lindsay's dog that had hiked with me just over a week ago had a tragic accident and had to be put to sleep from his injuries. I really don't know what to say/think about this whole incident but I hope that Lindsay and Tom know that they and Bear are in my thoughts and we are all very saddened by the news. I am just glad that I was able to have him as part of my journey and I will have great memories of those fun, wet and exciting 16 plus miles we did that day. He will definitely be missed.

This was the hardest song I have had to pick yet, but the song by 3 Doors Down seems to go with how much fun Bear always seemed to have whenever I was around him. He always seemed to be up for a run and did great as a hiking partner and I will especially remember him climbing over the ladder style going through the fields near Newport, VA while we tried to get him to go around.

He always seemed to:

(You've got to) live this life your given likes its the only one you've got.

- one saddened Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment