Monday, June 21, 2010

On the road again...

Hi from the chase car!  I'm not nearly as interesting as Matt and his travails, but I thought I'd let you know what I've been doing while waiting for Matt to get back from work, I mean hiking.   In a word...driving.  I usually have to take the long way around in order to get to where the trail crosses a road, due to all these pesky mountains.  I'm not sure how many miles a day I'm clocking but it's a lot I promise.  I've also managed to get a flat tire by running over a nail (this is the 4th time in this car alone) and rip off part of the plastic underbody spoiler in front.  Oh well, we never liked it anyways :-)  Mostly I spend a lot of time in cafes, libraries, or sitting on the side of the road with a book.  I also spend an inordinate amount of time picking up very disreputable looking men (and a few women) from roadsides.  Don't worry, they're hikers...smelly but safe.  I know what a blessing it is get a ride so I'm trying to return some of that goodwill.  I'll be with Matt until July 2 then I've got a plane to catch to spend some quality time with my parents (it sounds better than "mooching").

Now returning to our regularly scheduled programming......new pictures (with labels) are up in the Virginia album.  For those who don't have the photo address here it is:
http://sabrinaandmatthiking.shutterfly.com/pictures/5

Goin' places that I've never been, seein' things that I may never see again...

~Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment