Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 60 (6/19) - everything is to the back with a little slack

Day 60 - 21.8 mi/798.6 mi tot
US 60 to VA 130

For those who are actually paying attention, you will notice a little anomoly in the to/from points for today. After spending the night in BV, it made more sense for me to start today near there (US 60) and hike south back to the point where I stopped yesterday (VA 130). There was no backtracking here, just a convenience I could do because of Princess and the car. I also got to go down a very steep and rocky slope instead of up it, which was a nice bonus. Only carrying one day (or so) of food has been pretty nice too...the advantages of a chase car.

After ending the day relatively early, we went back to Karen and Charlie's house and helped with priming some trim in their living room while Charlie got and prepared a great dinner of salmon, asparagus, cous-cous, salad, wine, bruschetta and a nice cold gin & tonic. A great way to end a very hot day (after a shower of course) and some really great conversation with dinner too. We will definitely be keeping in touch with them and will be stopping at Franks For The Memories anytime we are doing the I 81 drive that direction.

Because inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack! (I don't know if I am more embarassed about this song reference or my previous Hanson Mmm Bop one...probably shouldn't be proud of either).

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment