Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 100 (7/29) - Land of Confusion

Day 100 - 21.1 mi/1539.9 mi tot
Tom Leonard Lean-to to Upper Goose Pond Cabin

Not so much confusion today as a bunch of random events. Lets start with last night...

A porcupine woke up the entire shelter by attempting to eat the picnic table. It was hard to tell how big it was but it made a ton of noise.

Then as I got started this morning the skies really opend up. It was as much rain as I have hiked in for quite a while. I made it to the next shelter and got out of the rain for a little bit and got some cothes wrung out before moving on.

Shortly after that, I ran into El Flacco. He started the same day as we did but we haven't crossed paths since the first night at Hawk Mtn Shelter. It was good to see him and catch up on the previous 99 days.

Then we ended up at the cabin and it is a realy cool place with a big pond, a bunch of nice bunks and some reported great pancakes for breakfast. Should be a good way to start my 20 mile trek into Dalton to meet up with the family crew for a little while.

it is actually nice to be heading to bed with the sound of I90, the Mass Pike, in the background. My parents, a bunch of the rest of my family and my wife are all also going to be sleeping not too far from the same road from coast to coast.

I can hear the marching feet moving into the street.

Theres too many men, too many people making too many problems, and theres not much love to go around, can't you see this is the land of confusion..

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment