Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 99 (7/28) - The End of the Line

Day 99 - 23.2 mi/1518.8 mi tot
Brassie Brook Lean-to to Tom Leonard Lean-to

No...not the end of the line for me, but definitely the end of the line for easy, flat-ish walking. The three peaks I mentioned yesterday took a lot of work, all before 10 am. The decents were also tough with a bunch of steep rocky sections that took a lot of concentration. Add to that some extreme hunger today for some reason and a reasonably hot day and you get a rough day. Overall it was probably a good warm up for Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

At US 7, I got some nice trail magic from a resident there who let me use her hose to fill up my water and she even brought around a chair for me to sit in under her tree. A nice relaxing time spent there in the middle of the day before finishing up my last 6.5 miles for the day. Also found a stash of cans of Coke right near there also, and carried one with me to the shelter to have with dinner.

This shelter is really nice, but lacking any good tent sites so I am sleeping in the shelter tonight and good thing the bugs aren't bad here. Just 2 more days to Dalton. Over 1500 miles down and onto Day 100 tomorrow.

Into the endless fever need more and more.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment