Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 81 (7/10) - The Memory Remains

Day 81 - 23.7 mi/1208.9 mi tot
501 Shelter to Port Clinton, PA

Wow, good thimg I was at the shelter last night or I would have gotten hit with some serious rain on my tent. And it has been a long time since I have had to hike in the rain, not that I forgot wha it was like but I didn't miss it all that much, which I did the entire morning. Overall it wasn't too bad since it kept the temperatures down but the wet feet made me end up with some hot spots and a blister or two. I have a bunch of good blister first aid supplies and should be good to go tomorrow when I leave out of here.

Port Clinton is a tiny town whose economy appears to center on the hotel which is also the only restaurant and bar that I have seen. There is also a candy store which has really good fudge. That's about it so I plan to hitch into Hamburg tomorrow to hit the grocery store and the library, then probably back to Port Clinton for lunch at the hotel restaurant and the soccer game before moving on.

Oh yeah, yesterday I saw a red tailed hawk take off from the bushes right next to me on the trail. That was a huge bird and a really cool looking one with the red colored tail feathers.

Palmerton on Tuesday, and maybe a night in the Jailhouse Hostel.

And can't the band play on just listen to me play my song, ash to ash, dust to dust, fade to black

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment