Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 85 (7/14) - The Road of the Righteous

Day 85 - 22.0 mi/1270.9 mi tot
PA 873 (Palmerton PA) to 1.2 mi N of Wind Gap

Who doesn't like rock climbing? Especially on 90 degree faces on slippery rocks from rain last night after having to walk 2 miles back to the trail when no one would pick up a lone hiker in the drizzling rain. Sorry for that, just needed to get it off my chest from this morning. Seriously though, I had fun climbing the 1000 feet out of Lehigh Gap (some of which was the rock scramble) but would have loved a ride out there.

After that I got a nice walk along the edge of the Palmerton Zinc Superfund site and there were tons of red raspberries there, but I was not about to munch on them since who knows what they had been growing on. Other than that it was a wet, intermittently rainy, sticky day with miles that all seemed to come slow. Oh well, not a big deal and I am still set up well for a short day tomorrow into Delaware Water Gap and another hot shower before moving into the armpit of America on Friday. At least no one will be able to differentiate my smell from the background stench that is NJ.

I've seen a few men go the road of the righteous and just a few have travelled this old lonely path.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment