Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 87 (7/16) - Livin On A Prayer

Day 87 - 23.8 mi/1309.1 mi tot
Delaware Water Gap to 1 mi S of Brink Road Shelter

Ok so the only real relevence for todays song is that I entered New Jersey and I do like Bon Jovi. Katie...remember the time Sabrina and I took you to the Bon Jovi concert and we spent the whole show singing along with him...us and the row of cougars right behind us? Ahhhh, great memories.

Oh right, the hiking thing...

Left Delaware Water Gap and the hostel this morning and had a good morning hike to arrive at the Mohican Outdoor Center for my lunch break. A nice outpost here run by the AMC and I got an ice cold soda to have with my lunch, always a good treat. They also had wireless internet set up so I spent some time on my IPod checking the weather and seeing how may emails I was missing.

I tanked up with water there and there was only one water source over the next 13 miles or so and it was hot today. The three liters I carried out with me were exactly what I needed to get to the stream where I planned to spend the night. I would have stayed there but there was a conspicuous lack of flat spots for my tent so I continued north (now carrying nearly a gallon of water to take care of my meal needs for the evening and tomorrow morning) and ended up going about 1.5 miles before anything resembling a flat spot showed up. Strange since I probably passed 2 dozen great tent spots during the day toda and not one when I was looking for a spot to call it a night. Sorry...a little bitterness flashed through there.

Keeping on moving north tomorrow and should be making a quick resupply run over the border (into NY) on Sunday into Unionville NY.

Take my hand and we'll make it I swear. Ohhh ohhhh livin on a prayer.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment