Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 91 (7/20) - Good Times, Bad Times

Day 91 - 19.6 mi/1385.3 mi tot
Wildcat Shelter to William Brien Memorial Shelter

A few thoughts from yesterday first:
1) 8 states down, 6 to go and no sorrow with being out of NJ
2) saw 2 bears right before leaving NJ bringing my total for the trip to 9 bears.

Today was another tough terrain/lots of ups & downs kind of day and the four of us took it pretty slow all day with our intermediate goal of reaching Arden Valley Road and detouring the 0.3 miles to Lake Tiorati where there are vending machines and public showers. Both of which, as well as the free supply of good water, we al took advantage of. I hiled again today with the same crowd from yesterday and it worked out well to have someone to actually hike with all day. Crossed over the NYS Thruway (I87) today also.

At the shelter for the end of the day I got there and saw another large timber rattlesnake about 5 minutes from there and was greeted by 3 very unafraid deer right at the shelter. They went right on with their business (eating and chasing each other) without caring that I was there cooking and getting set up for the night.

Into Fort Montgomery tomorrow then getting set up for a weekend trip into NYC to see Ryan. Even going to splurge tomorrow night on a hotel room.

No matter how I tried I find my way to the same old jam.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment