Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 93 (7/22) - Party In The USA

Day 93 - 25.2 mi/1419.4 mi tot
Bear Mountain Bridge to RPH Shelter

I know today's song choice makes this post lose credibility right off the bat, but today is my sister Katie's birthday so this one goes out to you. Happy 25th birthday and party it up in a Boston suburb tonight.

Today was day 1 in my two day quest to get to Pawing NY and get on the train to NYC on Friday. I made it the 25 miles I needed to get and got done right before 4 pm. I love days that are relatively cool and have some breezes going to keep the sweating down. The trail today was a lot less strenuous than the elevation profile made it seem so my total time of just over 9 hours on the trail was almost exactly as expected. It was also nice to see streams running again and I heard word that springs were still flowing in this area too, somewhat alleviating the water concerns that all hikers have been deaing with through PA and NJ.

Another 20 miles tomorrow and that should put me on a train in the mid-afternoon for the 2 hourbride to NYC. Should be a fun little trip.

Noddin' my head like yeah, movin' my hips like yeah. (oh the things I do for my sister)

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for explaining your song choice or I would have had to take you off my list of "Blogs I Read." Seriously. Miley Cyrus makes my eyes bleed.

    ReplyDelete