Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 94 (7/23) - Mama Said

Day 94 - 19.9 mi/1439.3 mi tot
RPH Sheter to NY 22 (train into NYC)

First things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Mom today. She gets a special thanks for being half of the tea in charge of getting my maildrops sent out to me on time and to the right place. I am smart enough not to put her age here, but happy __th birthday Mom!

Got a good start to the day today and as moving on the trail by 6 am and right around 830 I ran across the motherload of trail magic near NY52. It must have just been left there recently since the water was still cold and the cooler was still full of ice. Sodas, gatorades and a huge assortment of snacks made for a nice surprise this morning. Special thanks to Ozigal for the magic.

Unfortunately I spent about 30 minutes there and that got me stuck in some pretty good rain about mile 15 or so. I got to a shelter after waking in the heavy stuff for just over a half hour and got somewhat dried out before finishing up my last 3 miles to the road crossing. Other than walking through a bunch of wet grass I was able not to get too much wetter.

Got into Pawling way earlier than originally planned and should get into Grand Central around 445 this afternoon (I am writng this from the train). I will just end my recap of today here and include any fun from tonight in tomorrow's post. Should be a fun zero day.

Mama, she has taught me well, told me when I was young, son your life's an open book don't close it before its done.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes Snowfox! Enjoy NYC the Yanks are playing tonight!
    Love from Yo Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. METALLICA!!! Really?
    Your next shipment might be a little late!

    ReplyDelete