Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 96 (7/25) - Almost Easy

Day 96 - 18.0 mi/1457.3 mi tot
NY 22 to Mt Algo Lean-to (0.3 mi S of Kent, CT)

Had a great start to the day with breakfast ay Big Daddy's with Ryan (he almost got me to ask if there was free refills on my meal, but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it). Picked up a sandwich for lunch after that, said goodbye to Ryan, Scott and Jeff and grabbed a cab for Grand Central. I was there in perfect time to get my ticket and only had to sit on the motionless train for a few minutes before it got going. A nice uneventful ride to the trail and I sat on the (minature) platform and ate my lunch before getting started with the daily hiking.

It was really humid today and I spent most of the day looking like I had been swimming (things will still be wet in the morning too). After I got through the first half hour to 45 minutes of the typical post-zero day leg pains, the hike went well. I passed on my original destination plan at mile 15 due to no water and pushed on to the shelter. It rained on and off today and is still sprinkling now as I sit in my tent writing this. Hopefully this stops tonight and the humidity drops before tomorrow.

Passing by Kent, CT tomorrow and probably making a quick stop into Cornwall Bridge for some snacks sometime in the middle of the day tomorrow. Closing in on 100 days and 1500 miles completed...wow those are crazy numbers to think about, but just over 700 miles to go.

I'm not insane, come back to me its almost easy.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment