Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 97 (7/26) - Broken Beat and Scarred

Day 97 - 17.3 mi/1474.6 mi tot
Mt Algo Lean-To to Pine Swamp Brook Lean-To

No need to worry, the lyrics from todays song are the appropriate part, not the title, although some scars will come back from this trip. It was actually chilly this morning and the fact that my clothes were still wet from yesterday's sweat-fest made for a rough wakeup. the trail today was nicely graded with not many rocks, but it was a lot of up and down all day. The temperature was nice and cool and the humidity dropped nicely today.

I started to wak into Cornwall Bridge to check out the thr town but got distracted at thw convenience store and ended up eating lunch there. Right as I was finishing, MacGuyver, her mom and her grandma stopped by to get some snacks and offered a ride back to the trailhead, so I figured it was a good plan not to pass up a ride. Right after I got started, there was pile of sodas in a creek so time for another break there. After that I ran into the trail maintainer who had left them there as he was buildiing some rock steps. Special thanks to all those people for the magic today.

I also ran into my first Southbounders today at the shelter including one guy from Northern VA who I had traded emails with before starting out. It really is a small world.

Into Salisbury tomorrow for a last resupply before meeting up with Mom, Dad and Katie (Adam too ???) on Friday in Daton, MA.

You rise, you fall, you rise and you fall again. What don't kill you makes you more strong. (English grade is a D here, but a good try...sorry James)

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment