Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 114 (8/12) - Small Town

Day 114 - 12.6 mi/1782.6 mi tot
Brackett Brook to Jeffers Brook Shelter

A nice short day today. A nice rolling trail up and over into the bustling metropolis of Glenciff. The town consists of a post office, about 20 houses and a hiker hostel. I spent most of the afternoon at the hostel relaxing and eating. I ate an entire pizza for lunch and demolished it in a very short period of time. Other than that I sat around, watched TV, played on the internet and hung out with the dozen or so other hikers in the area. After that I did a short 1 mile out to the shelter where a very nice couple had left a 30 pack of beer, chips and oreos for the shelter. A good social scene here tonight but I will need to separate myself from at least some of the group so I can take advantage of work-for-stay at some of the huts through the Whites. A big day tomorrow and hopefull some phone signal to get the last few days of posts sent out.

And its good enough for me.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment