Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 122 (8/20) - Whistles the Wind

Day 122 - 15.2 mi/ 1882.1 mi tot
Carter Notch Hut to US 2 (Gorham, NH)

My last work for stay went great and the new crew there was a great team and was very accomodating for all of us staying there last night. I skipped out before breakfast and made good tracks towrds town. The hike over the various Carters, Mt Hight and Mt Moriah was a big day and I worked hard for every mile, both up and down. Very greuling and tiring for the day.

Once over all the hills, it was a nice easy walk for about 3 miles dwn to the road crossing. I stopped in at the Rattle River Shelter and chatted with Why2K, a southbounder doing a poor mans zero day at the shelter, while I ate my lunch. A really nice guy and gave me some spices to make my chicken packet lunch more appetizing and add some flavor to the otherwise bland lunch I had left in my bag.

I did the rest of the 2 miles to the road crossing in just over 20 minutes and was ready to get into town. A much needed shower and laundry then a round trip to Walmart using 3 separate hitches to get 8 days of food set up and maildrops put together for Andover and Rangely to use the last Walmart on the AT to its fullest extent.

A nice Mexican dinner and back to the hostel for some TV and beer tonight. Heading just a little bit out of town tomorrow and moving into Maine.

Where I am is where I want to be.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment