Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 123 (8/21) - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Day 123 - 11.8 mi/1893.9 mi tot
US2 (Gorham NH) to Gentian Pond Shelter

Wow, sleeping in today felt great, didn't get out of my sleeping bag until after 7 and felt really good to have gotten that extra hour. I got to sleep in because the post office doesnt open until 830 on Saturdays and I had to go mail some food boxes ahead to my next two town stops so my visits there are simpler and quick. Other than that I spent the rest of the morning getting my things together and repacked and taking care of a few last town chores, like buying sodas at the gas station...got to have my caffiene.

Today was a planned short day of hiking and getting myself back into the pattern I had going before the White Mountains and their hut system got in the way. The trail did a lot of up and down today so a short day will also make tomorrow feel better. I made it to the shelter at a reasonable time and despite my plans to use my tent tonight, I will be in the shelter due to the presence of tent platforms in all the places where my tent would like to be. I think I mentioned it before, but since my tent is not free standing (it requires stakes to keep it set up), tent platforms are not a very viable option for me. Overall it might be a good thing since it looks like we might get some rain tonight.

Maine and Mahoosuc Notch are on the agenda for tomorrow. Those will be some good pictures.

Sleep my friend and you will see the dream is my reality.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment