Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 124 (8/22) - The Final Countdown

Day 124 - 14.7 mi/1908.6 mi tot
Gentian Pond Shelter to Speck Pond Shelter

Made it into Maine today and my final state. Nothing left to countdown but the miles (271.4 mi to go from here). It was a cool milestone and a neat one to get to.

Other than that, today might have been my least good day on the trail yet. It was chilly, damp, rainy, windy, slippery, and overall miserable. My day was a big one and I definitely worked for each mile I completed. My knees are feeling the work I did today and two minor slips today left me with a nice bruise on my lower back. Oh well, another day on the AT in southern Maine. Hopefully the weather will be a little bit better tomorrow and I can dry out somewhat.

Mahoosuc Notch was interesting and made me take my pack off twice to get through some tight spots. I didn't think it was too tough, but was definitely a very slow and challenging mile. It might even be fun in warmer, dryer conditons, but that wasn't to be today.

Despite the tough day, still happy to be out here and looking forward to continuing my treck northward tomorrow. Plans for tomorrow wll take me into, or very close to, Andover ME, depending on what time it is when I get there and whether or not the PO is still open then.

Doo. Doo-doo-do-doo, do-do-doot-doot-do, doo-doo-do-doo, doo-do-do-doot-doot-doot-do-doo. (oh come on...are you telling me you can't hear the synthesizer here too?)

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment