Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 125 (8/23) - Slip Sliding Away

Day 125 - 14.9 mi/1923.5 mi tot
Speck Pond Shelter to East B Hill Road (Andover ME)

1) Southern Maine is tough.
2) Rain plus flat rocks are a bad combination

These last two days have been killer and have certainly taxed my hiking abilities. A lot of up, down, around and through. And to make it all worse, the rain makes all these rocks and roots very slippery too. But I was able to push through and make some decent time to cover the ground I planned to get over. Like yesterday, I can't wait untill I come back with Princess on her section hikes and can hopefully go through and over all of this in good weather. I am sure it will have a better impression on me then.

I met up with two section hikers (Circuit and Sherlock) around lunch today and they convinced me that since I was going into Andover to get a package I might as well stay at the Pine Ellis Hostel. A great call as David and Ilene are exceptional hosts and it was a very fun night hanging out with a full house of hikers, both NoBos and SoBos.

A short-ish day planned for tomorrow before entering the Beamis Range on Wednesday.

You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away.

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment