Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 126 (8/24) - Forever Road

Day 126 - 10.1 mi/1933.6 mi tot
East B Hill Rd to South Arm Rd

Today was definitely not a "forever road" since I opted to take a nice short day over some easy terrain to get a little rest in. A few steep ups and downs but not a bad day overall. I took a mid morning shuttle back to the trail and finished my hiking by 2 pm and set myself up in a campsite near a stream. Spent the afternoon around a campfire (hey...why not, nothing else to do) and relaxed. Hopefully the weather the nex day or two doesn't make me regret not hiking on this perfect afternoon. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

Back with a pretty big day tomorrow, looking to cover 17 miles and the whole extent of the Beamis Range. Rangeley should be coming up for me on Thursday with Stratton on Saturday. Under 250 miles to go before I get to return home to my wife who I haven't seen in 2 months. She has been a huge supporter of mine on this trip and we are definitely on a "forever road".

But as far as I can see it'll be you and me just the way its supposed to be (I do love me some Hootie...er...I mean Darius Rucker...he will always be Hootie to me)

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment