Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 127 (8/25) - Its Raining Men (In Skirts)

Day 127 - 17.0 mi/1950.6 mi
South Arm Road to Sabbath Day Pond Shelter

The amount of rain I walked through today might have exceeded the total amount of rain I have see the entire rest of the trip. The morning wasn't bad but right after Six Course and I hit the first shelter I started coming down hard. We were able to take a nice long lunch break but the rain wasn't going away. We geared up for it (including my rain kilt) and headed back out for the last 8 miles of the day. Those were slow miles in the rain and we had some really slow spots coming down off the Beamis range to stay safe on the flat slippery rocks. We made it through fine and got to the shelter just in time to claim the last two spots inside and avoid having to tent through the night in the wetness. Rumor has it that tomorrow will be the start of a few nice days so that will be a good change. I will head into my third to last town tomorrow, Rangeley, and then head back into the woods for the evening. Just under 230 miles to go.

(Katie...please drop in some lyrics here for me...my knowledge of this song is zero, but I got it up here just for you)

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment