Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 128 (8/26) - Don't Steal My Sunshine

Day 128 - 11.2 mi/1961.8 mi tot
Sabbath Day Pond Shelter to Piazza Rock Shelter

The trail this morning was a swamp after all the rain yesterday. The sun did come out for most of the afternoon and we were able to get our gear dried out over any random horizontal surface in town.

I think my long day/short day alternating plan is going to be a good one to keep moving northbound. Being this close to the end is really a neat experience with everyone in the area being really excited about the prospect of completing this trek. Six Course and I spent most of the afternoon in town eating and visiting the local bars to get a true sample of the opportunities in Rangeley. After the good afternoon, we hiked out of town 1.8 miles and had a good relaxing evening at the shelter with a handful of section hikers. They had a fire going when we got there and the weather was perfect for an easy evening.

Tomorrow's plan is to go over Saddleback Mtn where I should get some views of Kibby Mountain as well as views of Katahdin...my ultimate ending point. the weather for the next few days is supposed to be great which is a nice change from recent days.

Do you like butter tarts?

- Snowfox

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments:

Post a Comment